November 19, 2021
I want to share the email below with you, which was sent to your state’s EDFacts coordinator earlier this week. Details about the next EDFacts information collection (for the 2022-2023, 2023-2024, and 2024-2025 school years) are available for review and for public comment through January 14, 2022. Comments must be made via the link to regulations.gov below.
I apologize that the webinar mentioned below has already occurred. Please reach out to your EDFacts coordinator and the EDFacts Partner Support Center if you have questions.
Patrick Rooney, Director
School Support and Accountability
*This meeting is being sent to the EDFacts Community*
The proposed EDFacts Information Collection package for SY 2022-23, 2023-24, and 2024-25 is now available for review and public comment. The announcement is on the Federal Register at: FederalRegister.gov. The package may be accessed at the following link: Regulations.gov. Select “View More Documents” and scroll down to “Supporting Statement” and "Forms and Instruments" (for Appendices) posted on November 15, 2021.
Comments in response to this notice must be submitted electronically through www.Regulations.gov. The public comment period closes on January 14, 2022.
EDFacts collects data on behalf of U.S. Department of Education (ED) grant and program offices. The proposed package includes pre-kindergarten through grade 12 performance data about students, schools, staff, services, and educational outcomes at the state, district, and school levels. Approximately 170 data groups are included in the proposed package and respondents include all 50 states, Washington DC, Puerto Rico, outlying areas and freely associated states, the Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA), and the Bureau of Indian Education (BIE).
This Wednesday, November 17th, 2021 from 12:30 – 3:30 p.m. ET there will be an EDFacts Virtual Data Webinar that will cover where to find, what is included, and how to read the package as well as how to submit comments. If you haven’t already, please register for Wednesday’s webinar at the following link: Registration Link.
The proposed package includes current and new data requirements, changes to existing collections, and deletions. The full package includes two supporting statements and six attachments:
- · Attachment A: Data Groups and Categories (Excel and PDF) – All of the data groups and categories collected from State Education Agencies presented as an Excel spreadsheet that can be filtered by the type of changes (i.e. new, revised, retired, no changes) to the data group and category. This attachment is also available as a printable PDF document.
- · Attachment B: Directory – A detailed description of the items that make up the directory of EDFacts, or the lists of schools and districts and their descriptive elements.
- · Attachment C: EMAPS Collections – A complete list of surveys and questions for the metadata collections that are included as part of EDFacts.
- · Attachment D: Directed Questions – Questions on specific topics for which ED would like to obtain input from EDFacts data submitters and stakeholders.
- · Attachment E: Overview and Information to Assist Reviewers – An explanation of the EDFacts data set to assist reviewers.
We encourage sharing this information packet within the state including state superintendents, program offices, and local education agencies.
For questions related to collection activities or burden, please call Carrie Clarady at (202) 245-6347. Please do not send comments to PSC.
EDFacts Partner Support Center
Telephone: 877-457-3336 (877-HLP-EDEN)
Federal Relay Service: 800-877-0996 (Voice/TTY) / email@example.com