The proposed EDFacts Information Collection package for SY 2022-23, 2023-24, and 2024-25 is now available for 30-day review and public comment. The announcement is on the Federal Register at: FederalRegister.gov. The package may be accessed at the following link: Reginfo.gov. Select “View Information Collection (IC List)” and “View Supporting Statement and Other Documents” for the Attachments posted on March 29, 2022.
Comments in response to this notice must be submitted electronically through Reginfo.gov. The public comment period closes on April 28, 2022.
EDFacts collects data on behalf of U.S. Department of Education (ED) grant and program offices. The proposed package includes pre-kindergarten through grade 12 performance data about students, schools, staff, services, and educational outcomes at the state, district, and school levels. Approximately 170 data groups are included in the proposed package and respondents include all 50 states, Washington DC, Puerto Rico, outlying areas and freely associated states, the Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA), and the Bureau of Indian Education (BIE).
The proposed package includes current and new data requirements, changes to existing collections, and deletions. The full package includes two supporting statements and six attachments:
- Attachment A: Data Groups and Categories (Excel and PDF) – All of the data groups and categories collected from State Education Agencies presented as an Excel spreadsheet that can be filtered by the type of changes (i.e. new, revised, retired, no changes) to the data group and category. This attachment is also available as a printable PDF document.
- Attachment B: Directory – A detailed description of the items that make up the directory of EDFacts, or the lists of schools and districts and their descriptive elements.
- Attachment C: EMAPS Collections – A complete list of surveys and questions for the metadata collections that are included as part of EDFacts.
- Attachment D-1: Directed Questions – Questions on specific topics for which ED would like to obtain input from EDFactsdata submitters and stakeholders.
- Attachment E: Overview and Information to Assist Reviewers – An explanation of the EDFacts data set to assist reviewers.
- Attachment F: Response to 60-day Public Comments
We encourage sharing this information packet within the state including state superintendents, program offices, and local education agencies.
For questions related to collection activities or burden, please call Carrie Clarady at (202) 245-6347. Please do not send comments to PSC.